Tiger Paw is an innovative UK company that designs and manufacturers high quality components for LP12 turntables.
The Tiger Paw team that includes Roger Hamilton have a wealth of experience setting up and using the celebrated LP12 turntable, along with a passion for music and the sound of vinyl. Their goal is to to raise the bar of this record player’s performance whilst maintaining the basis of the LP12 original musical signature. Most owners will have recognized the significant strides that Linn have made over the years in improving the LP12s performance and Tiger Paw have decided to tackle other legacy areas not currently addressed. Modern manufacturing and engineering processes have enabled significant improvements to be made.
Javelin was inspired by the classic unipivot designs and has been painstakingly developed with new materials and assembly processes to produce an outstanding arm capable of resolving more information,more accurately to create a uniquely musical arm capable of extracting the most from modern high performance cartridges.
The Tiger Paw Javelin features ;
- itanium arm shaft
- Bespoke Tungsten and Sapphire main bearing
- Specific grades of aluminium for head shell, main body and mounting plate
- High tolerance manufacture and machining to provide optimum coupling between assemblies
- Revised internal and external wiring arrangements
- Easy to use and secure lift/lower mechanism
- Optimised bias system
- Unique offset bearing arrangement to allow compatibility with a broad range of cartridges
- he result is an arm that is capable of producing dynamics normally associated with gimballed arms as well as a natural and seamless delivery that is a hallmark of the very best unipivot designs. It is musically involving whilst at the same time capable of resolving extraordinary amounts of detail. The design and development process have taken nearly two years to achieve the optimal balance of qualities and we hope it will provide our customers with long lasting and deeply rewarding musical pleasure.
Whilst we are delighted with the results, we recommend that you contact our dealers to arrange an audition and comparison against alternatives. The arm is released with Linn compatible mounting for standard Linn arm boards, Kore and our own Akula sub chassis.
Javelin is £1800
An in depth review is here
From the day Tiger Paw introduced the Khan precision machined top plate the inevitable conclusion would be the development and launch of a fully integrated plinth system in which to incorporate the LP12 mechanics.
Accurate record replay is based around precision measurement. Quite simply, the more accurately the record is read the more music you will hear. The LP12 has been proving that for over 40 years. As technology improves, so too does the performance of the player.
Stratos plinth has been designed to take that one step further with a unique construction. Each plinth starts life as two solid billets of aluminium. Both blocks are carefully machined in to an upper and lower section. The upper part incorporates the top plate and the top four flutes. The lower section starts at the step of the lower flute and then continues in one piece to include the bottom tray. The two sections are then bolted together to form a rigid structure of immense strength. The precision joint is invisible to the eye being hidden by the shape of the lower flute.
The lower section incorporates mountings for Trampolin feet and Urika if required. Similarly the Stratos plinth is compatible with original AC motor, Radikal DC motor and current Lingo 4 motor and supply, and all versions of sub chassis.
As you would imagine, the dramatic increase in rigidity from such an inert plinth brings a profound new musical experience to playing records. It also makes a dramatic visual statement.
Stratos comes complete with the following:
Precision machined upper and lower case
16 stainless steel M4 securing bolts
cable clamps, 4 x M3 cable clamp bolts
3 x M5 stainless steel suspension mounting studs
Radikal /Lingo 4 sensor mounting kit
2 x M5 studs for arm cable holder and earth strap.